Are you familiar with Google My Business? If not, check out our Resources section here, for tonnes of free stuff, easy information and all sorts of tools to manage your digital strategy and online presence. Let’s just say that GMB is all kinds of awesome. For free.
Back in June, Google announced that business owners could now use their GMB Listing to also include a “Post.” Whatchu talkin bout Willis?! (And if you’re old enough to understand that social meme, you’ll really appreciate this post!)
What good is a “Post” on a GMB Listing? Think of it this way…FREE advertising (more free stuff)! Does it get any better Willis??
GMB Posts allow business owners to publish content to their Listing to promote sales, coupons or just communicate with customers and potential customers. Here is a sample of our GMB Listing with a Post.
Jazzes it up pretty good! So if you have not yet taken advantage of this free opportunity, go ahead and give it a try today!
There are a couple of things you should know before you get started.
- Google My Business Posts expire one week after posting. Be sure to keep fresh content posted.
- You can add text, images, events, buttons and links to other web content.
Ready to get started? Here’s how:
- Sign in to your Google My Business account here.
- If you have multiple locations, click Manage location for the correct location of your Post.
- Click Create post. Or click Posts from the menu.
- The “Create post” screen will appear. Just enter the relevant information.
- Once you’ve created your post, click Preview to see a preview. If it looks good, click Publish in the top right corner of the screen.
Working from Mobile? Click here for a more specific explanation.
It’s not possible to post to Google My Business indirectly (IE with a social media dashboard), but we are working on syndication and a tool to simplify the process for our customers. If you would like to talk about simplifying your online, please drop us a note!